American Heart Month - Take Care of Your Heart!
February is American Heart Month and the month our hearts celebrate the love we have for each other. Take a minute to consider loving your own physical heart with these simple ideas:
- You've heard it before, but it's true -- have a healthy diet plan. Vegetables, fruits, whole grain, lean meat, fish, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products are highly recommended. Limit saturated and trans fats, while controlling portion sizes.
- Exercise. Think of fun ways to get your cardio in like hiking, jogging, treadmill, and bike riding. Doctors recommend having at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
- Get a full night's rest! Sleep is vital for a healthy heart. Studies have found that sleep deprivation leads to higher risk of cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease.
- Stress management. Stress can cause blood clots and lead to heart attacks. Practice relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and tai chi.
- Consider and research all-natural supplements, like Herbal MedPlus, to add to your regime. One example is our Formula 1 Cholesterol Support. It promotes healthy cholesterol levels, cardiovascular functions, and healthy lipid levels. It also helps to promote a healthy circulatory system and relieve mental stress & nervousness.
To learn more about American Heart Month, click here.